- Ravioli of Choice – (I chose pumpkin).
- 60g of Smoked Butter per serve
- Clove of Garlic per serve
- Bunch of fresh Sage
- Parmesan Cheese or similar
- 6 Sage and Maple Bradley Bisquettes (2 hours of smoke)
SMOKED BUTTER PROCESS
- Set up your smoker with the Sage and Maple Wood Bisquettes in cold smoking mode. Try to keep it around the 20⁰C (70⁰F) Mark.
- Cut Blocks of butter in half so each smaller block is about 2.5 cm thick. Transfer the butter to your Bradley Jerky rack or use a wire rack with a Magic Mat. Put your butter into the Bradley Smoker and Cold Smoke for about 2 hours.
- Remove from the Smoker and allow the butter to rest uncovered for a few hours to assist in softening the Smokey flavour. Place in fridge to harden up then Vac Seal for refrigerated storage. I like to give the butter a few days before using, this works for cheese, so I apply the same principle to butter, resting allows the flavour to mellow and equalize.
SAGE AND MAPLE SMOKED BUTTER RAVIOLI PROCESS
- Set up a large pot of salted water to boil for the ravioli. Should only take 4-6min to cook, then drain and plate.
- While the ravioli is cooking, melt about 60g of Smoked butter in a fry pan (per serve) over med heat and cook until butter just starts to turn a light golden brown colour. Add Minced garlic, pine nuts and sage leaves and cook until leaves start to crisp up. Squeeze the juice of half a small lemon into the pan, mix and remove from heat. Pour the Smoked butter sauce over the ravioli and shave a little Parmesan over the top, done!